Researching solutions to local product packaging regulations, Coca-Cola found BL.INK.
Canadian law required consumer product information to be accessible in both English and French, creating a dilemma for an already small and crowded label on their products, where prominent brand identification is paramount.
Companies worldwide are affected by similar laws requiring lengthy design and production implementations, plus additional inventory control, especially in smaller markets where large-scale adjustments may be cost-prohibitive.
Changes to production require weeks, if not months, of compliance-related development and unusable product.
Our solution: Dynamic Rule-Based Routing
Our bespoke solution had these primary goals:
- Clean, clear packaging with a single QR code which would route to a homepage aligned with a user’s device settings
- A system complying with government regulations
- Security & usability meeting BL.INK’s high-level of scrutiny
The BL.INK platform already used rule-based link routing but not specifically for a device’s language settings.
BL.INK got to work, and 48 hours later, we happily shipped a solution for Coca-Cola.
- Blink created a rule-based linking system utilizing users’ language preferences from their individual devices. In real time, as cameras scan QR codes, our link routing dynamically directs users to their correctly-translated destination.
- Within 48 hours, Coke went from a deep dive analysis on a complete packing re-design and overhaul to full compliance without any changes on their end. BL.INK’s technology and customer service offered a quick solution with powerful results.
- Coca-Cola has also leveraged BL.INK across soda fountains, digital vending services, and event activations at global sporting events.
- This custom-routing break-through allows companies to dynamically send customers to a destination based on Day, Date, Time, Language, Geography, and Device and Operating Systems.
- Not only can companies use similar routing rules for their customers but gain insight into their customers through the meta-data collected through BL.INK. Revelations into usage help inform marketing decisions with trackable results.
Coca-Cola discovered BL.INK’s benefits beyond packaging compliance, utilizing insights for unprecedented real-time information into Point-Of-Sale transactions through their Freestyle vending machines.
BL.INK collaborates with Coca-Cola on all packaging in North America, in digital vending services, SMS campaigns, social media, in-store signage, and apps.
Coca-Cola has been a proud partner of BL.INK’s since 2009, with multiple uses in a multitude of places. BL.INK collaborated with Coke to find novel solutions. We’ve enjoyed a great and established line of communication with all stakeholders.
Your company can leverage the data our links reveal at any level of membership or collaborate with us as an enterprise client.